почитание; поклонение; преклонение; культ ; богослужение; почет ;
поклоняться; преклоняться; почитать; обожать; боготворить; бывать в церкви
- "We, the country people of Tayside in Perth, living between Fortingall in the west, Foss on Tummel in the north, and Logierait in the east, do solemnly petition your Worship to exempt us from the Militia Act passed in July this year, 1797, for it would submit us to hardship and bondage, which we believe to be no duty of ours."
- And he sent them to Bethlehem and said, "Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also."
- Christianity forbade the worship of these deities, usually goddesses, and attempted to make them respectable.
- Like section 25(1) of the 1944 Act, which has now been repealed, the ERA provides that the act of collective worship should be non-denominational.
- He disliked the whole idea of tidying up worship.
- Women were further removed from cultic activity when the Yahwists forced the abolition of all ritual shrines in Palestine and centralized worship at the Temple in Jerusalem, a move which was again designed to rid the land of undesirable cults (cf.
- When the children of Israel were camped in Moab near Jericho, many of them came to worship the local god, Bael-Poor, and there was some mixing with the Moabites.
- Frazer refers to the pine becoming an object of worship during the orgiastic festival of Cybele and Attis in Rome each spring equinox.
- This bringing of the people of God back to personal thankfulness for their place in Christ is one of the vital functions of worship, and it can take some time.
- As Horton Davies, who has explored this subject deeply, wrote: "More worshipful churches proved incentives to, if not a deeper, yet a better ordered and more dignified worship among congregations that had previously regarded worship as merely a preliminary to preaching."
- With their male love of machines, he and his friends (especially rounded up for the occasion) spent hours tinkering with it, heads down in worship under the bonnet.
- I say that the greatest tragedy in the world today is that God had made man in his image and made him to worship him, made him to play the harp of worship before the face of God day and night, but he has failed God and dropped the harp.
- A "god" which mankind can worship is in no way identical to that power which created the universe, if indeed it were created at all within humanity's understanding of that word.