червь ; глист ; низкий человек; презренная личность; червяк ; червячный винт; бесконечный винт; шнек ;
ползти; пробираться ползком; вползать; проникать; продираться; выпытать; разузнать; гнать глистов
- He wasn't going to say anything about the Worm, but of course he'd reckoned without his mother.
- Among the many on the list are the blinding disease Onchocerciasis, or river blindness, caused by a parasitic worm; the debilitating schistosomiasis, also caused by a worm; the killer malaria caused by a protonoan and of course diarrhoea, mainly caused by bacteria, which kills something like 20 000 children every day.
- Travel: Snakes alive out on the Worm's Head
- "The Worm?"
- The most significant of these is schistosomiasis (bilharzia), a debilitating disease that can cause liver fibrosis and bladder cancer, which is transmitted to humans by a parasitic worm that requires water-snails as an intermediate host.
- "We allow worm digging where it doesn't seriously conflict with the nature conservation objectives near the causeway.
- I am tempted to think that some such process is involved in the development of repeated structures, such as the segments of a worm, or a flower's petals, or the stripes on a zebra.
- Havelock Ellis said, "A worm gnaws periodically at the roots of women's life."
- Cave's departure from progressive humanism, with Its belief in individual and social transformation, is so extreme that his worldview verges on the Mediaeval: the language of curses, bad seed, the worm in the bud.
- But now I thought, he's a worm, he's squashable.
- With a worm fastened on a golden hook:
- Worm casts make excellent additives to composts, not only improving the structure of the medium but adding nutrients and growth-promoting hormones too.
- Numerous other predators and pathogens (viruses, bacteria, protozoa, fungi and nematodes) are also being investigated and the following are ready for evaluation in the field: Poecilia reticula and Aplocheilus spp., fish that feed on mosquito larvae; Bocillus sphaericus, a spore-forming bacterium that attacks mosquitoes; Culicinomyces clavosporus , a fungus that kills mosquitoes; and Romano- mermis culicivorax , a nematode worm that inhabits and kills mosquito larvae.