вытирание; носовой платок; глумление; издевка ;
вытирать; протирать; утирать; обтирать; замахнуться; ударить с размаху
- If your mascara is beginning to clog up, wipe the wand gently with a tissue before applying - over-pumping adds air, drying it further.
- Calm down, cheer up, control your temper, wipe that make-up off, you look like a tart, look at the way you walk, don't wear those trousers, put a dress on, men can't control themselves, it's up to you to take control, love bites are a sign of a man out of control, your sister's a tart, if you lose your name no one will have you, who do you think you are, listen to her - social life?
- Wipe off excess sauce before throwing on the barbecue, and baste during last 20 minutes as above.
- "Gonny wipe ma' eyes, Jim?"
- In fact the United States boasted of its capacity for "overkill" - another euphemism in the nuclear vocabulary - as if to wipe out one's adversary several times over could only make the world a safer place.
- Wipe the wood with a cloth moistened with white spirit to remove any traces of grease or dust.
- Check all functions are operating correctly by pressing each selection button in sequence then close the cabinet and wipe the exterior.
- You can take that rubbish off that chair and wipe it, will you?"
- Trim off the mushroom stalks and wipe mushrooms with kitchen paper.
- On and on he drove, but again and again he had to stop, struggle out and wipe the piled-up snow from the windscreen.
- Ready-finished doors are now among those on offer and these require just an occasional wipe over to keep them looking immaculate.
- The lay brother was quiet, contenting himself with the dry comment that he had done enough penance to wipe a thousand years of purgatory from the debt his soul owed God.
- The water is likely to be spilled, have a cloth handy to wipe up any mess.