пока; в то время как; несмотря на то, что; тогда как; покуда;
до тех пор пока;
проводить время; коротать время
- Why is it that Eastern peoples acquire languages so easily while we in the West make such heavy weather of it?
- While again emphasizing that he was not an engineer, McDonald described the Raybestos factory as "the most modern I have seen.
- This underscores the paradoxical nature of these investments: while they invest in notoriously volatile markets, the returns they produce are extremely solid, as befits an investment which is also a hedge.
- It can be masked for a while and often goes quite unrecognized, but there comes a time when it is not possible to disguise it and the reaction becomes an overwhelming one.
- Fat fish in laburnum (above) "I have always made things," says Ned, "and while on a boating holiday on the Thames about 15 years ago I found a branch of very dark wood lying on the ground.
- "They brought her out with a gun in her back, a woman of seventy, and set fire to the place while she watched.
- However, while Rowell will take his men home next week with mixed emotions about their experiences of New Zealand rugby, the sweet memories should outnumber the bitter.
- But the one remained known as Willibrord (despite an unimpeachable Roman allegiance), while the other called himself thereafter Boniface.
- It was a stretched Telecaster, using the same "slab" ash body with no contouring whatsoever, while its elongated top horn extended to above the twelfth fret and offered good balance for an instrument of its considerable weight.
- Urban life depends upon an invisible stratum of people who repair the city's infrastructure while all the rest are abed.
- What Sylvia had accomplished while doing her homework was to convince her subconscious mind that she was quite capable of entering an enclosed space without fear; and since it is the subconscious which is responsible for sending out all those panic signals - the racing heart, the sweating palms, the feelings of nausea and so on - those symptoms did not appear.
- While certain proteins cause these effects to a less extent than others, it is generally considered that uncontrolled adsorption of protein on surfaces in large amounts is undesirable if the surface is to be biocompatible.
- WHILE THE WESTERN WORLD BUYS LIFE'S LITTLE LUXURIES, IN THE POORER WORLD, LIFE ITSELF IS THE LUXURY.