пытка ; м`уки ; истязание; агония ;
- Amnesty International opposes torture and the death penalty in all cases without reservation and advocates fair and prompt trials for all political prisoners.
- I was cleansing myself, and although it was torture, it was exciting torture.
- Regretfully she dismissed dreams of dungeons and torture.
- TWO OUT OF EVERY THREE GOVERNMENTS STILL TORTURE THEIR OWN PEOPLE.
- There have been reports of torture.
- To take a wild hypothetical instance, the police could torture a suspect into revealing the location of stolen goods and then use the fact that his fingerprints are on them at his trial.
- He is accused of hiring Barbie to advise the country's paramilitary forces on torture techniques.
- Amnesty knows, for example, what the long term pattern of abuse is in a country: the known torture methods, the likely victims, the agencies regularly implicated in violations.
- Buckley was a man in possession of secrets, and a 400-page confession had allegedly already been extracted from him under torture.
- AI is concerned that the Tunisian Government, by its failure to investigate allegations of torture brought to its notice, appears to be condoning the use of torture.
- Close encounters with those instruments of torture such as the forceps, and probe (used in the early days for extracting root).
- Castella offers a different brand of joke-hero: the ingenious angler who beats the rest by treating the fish to Des O'Connor on a submerged stereo system, until they leap from the water to escape the torture.
- But in the Epilogue, as opposed to the body of Crime and Punishment , people don't torture animals or bear the mark of Peter the German.