зловоние; смрад ; вонь
- The heat and stench of the converted barn was suddenly unbearable.
- During that time the stench around the house was terrible.
- There was a stench of urine, like a foul byre.
- Outside these dressing rooms runs a corridor - in other words a haunt of rats - at the end of which there is a water closet which gives off the most terrible stench, enough to upset the stomach of any weak person.
- the nuances will be much more finely discriminated in the scent of flowers than in the stench of carrion.
- From the darkness of the interior of this well came the smell of burned refuse and decaying meat and the stench of urine.
- He had heard their scurrying feet and noisy squeaks, and he had been forced to nip his nostrils closed against their foul stench.
- Worse than the smoke was the sickly stench that accompanied it.
- The stench of sulphur seemed to increase and Jack rolled over, still yelling.
- A white cloth had been placed over her unpillowed head hiding her injuries, but the room was filled with an overpowering stench like smouldering wool.
- A stench, which Franca now noticed for the first time, arose from the bed.
- Just before dozing off on an air mattress beneath a nylon tent amid the stench of decaying refuse they may reflect vaguely on the curious unevenness of their blessings.
- A slight breeze was blowing from the left, bringing with it the stench of a dead bloated cow that was lying against the five-bar gate leading to a field.