практический; утилитарный; полезный; практичный; удобный; целесообразный; осуществимый; реальный; фактический
- Implicit in this turn was an acknowledgement that the differences between the Left and the Right groups on practical policies were much narrower than the fractional struggle had previously admitted; a common phenomenon in left-wing politics.
- That worked together with the prejudices of the "practical men" who built Britain's early industries - often with little scientific or technical background - to ensure that industrial management remained mediocre.
- On the other hand, various practical reasons are cited.
- While some experts doubt that behavioural "parts" can in fact be reconstituted to form some meaningful "whole", there are other, more practical, problems in overenthusiastic splitting.
- As the course is vocationally based, there is a high practical content.
- There are a number of other practical points to which you may wish to pay attention.
- This is because the aim of the exercise is to provide the participants with a practical tool for monitoring their drinking: if they want to cheat, they will only be cheating themselves.
- Similarly, the concern for the pollution of and from bodily secretions on a practical level worked to promote the integrity and productivity (in human terms) of the family unit - a matter of prime importance for a group concerned for its very existence and reproduction - whilst on a symbolic level, the exiles, concentration upon the unity, purity and integrity of the physical body well reflected their larger concern for the threatened boundaries of the body politic.
- In a practical sense, he encouraged and demanded higher standards of literacy from his churchmen and governors, and issued various proclamations condemning their ignorance of Latin.
- The local Oxford group, for instance, has a meeting every six weeks with talks on medical treatments, new research findings and practical and financial aids available for home care.
- The ITDG will stay in its present offices, concentrating on practical projects.
- Ann stands for all the women of common-sense, warm affection, and practical piety that Edward repeatedly attempted to sketch realistically or to record in dream-like settings in his essays and sketches.
- Some More Practical Steps