- Its tranquil qualities are, however, fragile and, in common with the other small-scale buildings and rooms which served as peaceful havens for writers, vulnerable to visitor pressure.
- The Austria has a pretty little garden, ideal for some peaceful sunbathing; all of the comfortable rooms have private facilities and a balcony.
- The magistrate said that though he acknowledged that Dad was a peaceful, law-abiding citizen who had never had any trouble with the police and who held strong religious beliefs, there were nevertheless times "when people do get angry and tell lies."
- Despite their size, the Red-Bellied Pacu, Colossoma bidens is a peaceful fish and you should have no trouble with them attacking your Silver Sharks.
- To such scenes his narrator is introduced by the shopkeeper Gedali, believer in a peaceful Revolution.
- The Ness is shallow and peaceful, and the murmur of its flowing falls plaintively on the ear, in sympathy with the song of the birds, and the summer tintings of the trees, and the musings of those who seem to love each turning in the paths; while the waters of the rapids of Niagara make the onlooker hold back his breath, and keep back as far as possible from the wild leaping of the swift-rushing waters.
- Your choice of peaceful music to harmonize your inner state of relaxation.
- "Something peaceful."
- Peaceful, mellow and noble, in the shade of a great sycamore, it is the sort of house that feels as though it has been there from time immemorial.
- After meeting Mr Modrow, Mr Mitterrand travelled to Leipzig in recognition of its leading role in East Germany's peaceful revolution.
- Everyone has the right to freedom of peaceful assembly and to freedom of association with others, including the right to join trade unions for the protection of his interests.
- The Bolsheviks came to power not in the relatively peaceful conditions in which policy had been framed, but in conditions of social collapse.
- The Congregational Union's executive cabled to Washington on 7 January 1896 also urging a peaceful settlement.