- Nationally, girls still outnumber boys as candidates in biological and health sciences and boys still easily outnumber girls in physics and mathematics.
- In passing our studies have helped to clear up some of the outstanding biological problems that underlie the reproductive biology of Bufo bufo , such as why it is that the males so greatly outnumber the females, and why they are smaller.
- Final evidence that rhynchosaurs were herbivorous is that they occurred in large numbers; in general we expect the herbivores to outnumber carnivores.
- But the inquisitive crowd always collected inside the wire to outnumber the newcomers and to stare.
- It developed into a bubble, and holders - people who bought for business reasons - began to outnumber users, those who looked at it and got something out of it.
- After all, the dead far outnumber the living!
- So does Sedimentary Petrology , whose pages outnumber those of its older competitor by three to one.
- Although male offenders still heavily outnumber female offenders, these changes have led to an alteration in the male-female ratio for crime and delinquency.
- The table below shows that private and semi-official schools far outnumber state-run schools at secondary level.
- Now, with Jan Timman as their first genuine world title contender for 50 years, Dutch chess journalists almost outnumber the English at Sadler's Wells.
- It might be that the reason working-class criminals far outnumber middle-class criminals (proportionately, given that there are more working-class people in this country) is because middle-class crimes are less regularly recorded and middle-class offenders are less severely punished.
- It is girls who tend to stay at school longer and in the secondary cycle outnumber boys (making up 52 per cent of total enrolment in 1985).
- Sergeants and corporals outnumber private soldiers.