обезьяна ; шалун ; проказник ; кривляка [разг.] ; пятьсот фунтов стерлингов; пятьсот долларов; копровая баба [тех.] ; тележка подъемного крана [тех.]; закладная ;
подшучивать; дурачиться; забавляться; передразнивать; неумело обращаться; портить; вмешиваться; соваться
- Mr Hardman was renowned for his sense of humour, as his contribution to an April Fool's Day edition of Moneybox , shows: "There's case law, so far as the setting up of a trust for a cat is concerned, or a dog, or a parrot or a monkey, but you don't have to have specific legislation in the Taxes Act because the normal rules follow.
- As the news of Monkey Mia spread, it became one of Australia's leading tourist attractions and was included on the itinerary of tour buses.
- An unlikely partnership has been formed between a tiny rhesus monkey and Meg, a Bull Terrier.
- The most important is the "monkey" thing.
- The problem arises when you fall from a screen above and land on "monkey features": wham bam, every single life lost! - smacked bums all round and general loss of brownie points.
- It was rather disappointing to grow up and find out that the sun didn't give a monkey's testicle whether it came out or not, but was in fact a non-sentient mass of gases radiating heat and light to earth, except in Scotland.
- There were demonstrators in monkey suits and even a man in a devil costume who served chilli to spectators.
- By Robin Denselow FELT: Me And A Monkey On The Moon (EL Acme24).
- It also causes a fatal Aids-like illness in some species of monkey.
- Spider Monkey
- FRIDAY LEEDS Film Festival Two weeks of varied film with a horror weekend (14/15 Oct), a George Romero retrospective with a screening of his new film Monkey Shines, various seminars, and two exhibitions, The Man Who Shot Garbo and 30 Years of Cuban Cinema.
- Anyone'd think you was a flea on the organ-grinder's monkey."
- "Roof slightly damaged - monkey's saved", reported Captain Hillyard.