веселый; подвыпивший; радостный; оживленный; развеселый; навеселе; смешной;
- The victim, now 20, said she had drunk nine or 10 Pernods with blackcurrant and was merry, but knew what she was doing and saying.
- Whether or not the Merry Monarch's real last words were, "Let not poor Nelly starve!" the court saw that that courtesan, once raised from her humble origin, never sank back.
- Cecily, Yvonne and I have determined that we are going to tour South Africa - following almost the same route as Merry Wives - with either the Ballet Club or, if they won't cooperate, we will form the South African National Ballet.
- My father and I made merry over the Devil and the folly of believing in him as we supposed many did.
- Oh: car of menace, car of blight Cars the atmosphere ignite Greenhouse warming, Havoc forming Parkinson must see us right We're au fait with entropy Gaia, Ecosphere, synergy Words for greening But their meaning's A linguistic mystery Oh: politicians must invent Worship of environment Genuflecting by reflecting Words of verdant bafflement Now our water's unfit to drink Too much aluminium and zinc No solution To pollution No-one can stand the stink Oh: public filth and pestilence Highlights private opulence Does the glitter, clear the litter All it needs is pounds and pence GOD REST YE MERRY God rest ye merry, gentle Greens Let nothing you dismay The much foretold apocalypse Is now well under way Not even Mr Gorbachev Can stop the world's decay Oh, tidings of comfort and joy, Oh, tidings of comfort and joy We can't eat meat or hens or fish The farming is too cruel The only food we now permit Is foul organic gruel Irradiated food and veg Now double up as fuel Oh tidings of comfort and joy, Oh tidings of comfort and joy Now everybody wants a car Though noise and fumes are vile The Iron Curtain fractures and The jams stretch back for miles Mobility and liberty Cannot be reconciled Oh tidings of comfort and joy, Oh tidings of comfort and joy We think that greenhouse warming will Bring on the world's demise If forests burn it's not just trees but mankind too that fries But all this may be garbage Because scientists tell lies Oh tidings of comfort and joy, Oh tidings of comfort and joy Consumers must buy less to reach Sustainability For galloping consumption is More lethal than TB So much for Third World dreams of fleeing Grinding poverty Oh tidings of comfort and joy, Oh tidings of comfort and joy Unless we stop producing kids The planet will not cope No hope for birth controllers short of Kidnapping the Pope But since the Greens recycle people they May turn us into soap Oh tidings of comfort and joy, Oh tidings of comfort and joy In searching for clean energy The choice is pretty stark The floods that come when coal is burnt will keep us in the Ark But had Lord Marshall got his
- THE SWEET AND MERRY MONTH OF MAY
- It was by stressing the chance element in destiny that he was led to the hedonistic philosophy of "eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we die!"
- By this time our pursuer had joined the merry band on the peak, and we could hear his companions gasping not far behind him.
- A merry jig.
- We Wish you a Merry Christmas, this one's called.
- Merry Christmas
- AFTER THE considerable controversy following Di Trevis's production of The Merry Widow, Scottish Opera's current Marriage of Figaro, which opened at the Theatre Royal in Glasgow on Thursday, is unlikely to cause offence or rouse strong passions.
- The suitcase, which held my passport, had a Merry Co label on it addressed to the Vancouver Four Seasons Hotel; the holdall had no identification at all.