поместье; феодальное поместье
- But first, Nicholas walked uphill back to the manor with Loppe, and in the office there read the ledgers and saw what had been done.
- Weavers Arms, Newington Green Rd, Islington, London N1 (071 226 6911), tonight, tomorrow; Half Moon, Lower Richmond Rd, Putney, London SW15 (081 788 2387), Mon; Cellar, South Hill Park, Bracknell, Berks (0344 484123), Tues; Old Manor Ballroom, Salisbury (0722 336262 x3224), Wed; The Theatre, Chipping Norton, Oxon (0608 642350), Thur.
- (Lawrence, it is true, envisaged the England he was relinquishing very largely in the image of Garsington Manor; but then, Lawrence's origins are so impeccably proletarian that the aberration can be overlooked!)
- The shrewd parent now gets our free starter pack for their son or daughter when they take up a place at Manor Park.
- Beside the gateposts to the manor's short straight drive, is the famous "Maud Heath's Causeway", the only way to cross the Avon in flood.
- By the latter part of the 17th century, the mill was part of the Manor of Stoke Orchard and Downing, and in 1805, for 800, mill and bakehouse were sold to Richard Evans.
- They are the first known lords of the manor of Cosmeston and gave their name to the village, Costentinstune (the place of the Costentins).
- In the small Essex village of Great Leighs the lord of the Manor and a Director of Barclay's Bank stormed out of Sunday Matins when the Psalm was chanted.
- Manor took the lead midway through the first half with a well-taken goal by Sean Annells.
- (To Jane's son, Jack, who found the manor cold after his London flat, so wore a dressing gown all the time).
- SULGRAVE MANOR
- The Manor was one of the first houses my father ever pointed out to me in an effort to get me to appreciate architecture.
- CLAVERTON MANOR, BATH