недостаток ; отсутствие; нужда ;
испытывать недостаток; нуждаться; недоставать; не хватать; не иметь
- Lack of breakage, however, only characterizes some of the owl assemblages, but there has been little published on this subject.
- A few years later Fleming made another unpremeditated observation, this time on a mould of the genus Penicillium , and again failed, for lack of chemical support to develop it.
- The regime is blamed for a rise in corruption, Mafia crime, public debt and a lack of public responsibility.
- In the end, the nervous man was released for lack of proof.
- Lack of flying experience leads to overloading and panic when under extra pressure.
- The lack of evidence and the circumstantial nature of the testimony caused a public outcry.
- "Why do I tell you all this, when you yourselves know what poverty is and what starvation is and what a lack of cash is about?"
- And gradually, lack of energy cut into the hopes of fulfilling the dreams of special pleasures such as travel in these last years.
- Anna Essinger tried to keep discipline by appointing group leaders, but responsibility did not rest easily on youngsters who were preoccupied by their own future, or apparent lack of it.
- One of the major problems with electric vehicles has been the lack of a battery with a high power-to-weight ratio.
- For them, this adamant position on the part of the dominant faction in the American administration exposed the complete lack of any desire for a peaceful negotiated solution to the conflict in the Middle East.
- Another completely unknown actor, also thirty but looking much younger, named Dustin Hoffman, impressed director Mike Nichols so much in his off-Broadway plays that he was running favourite, despite his lack of experience.
- In the Gomel'sk workshops in Belorussia 450 railway staff collected one and a half million roubles in order to start up their own social insurance scheme for lack of an adequate state system.