душевнобольной; ненормальный; безумный; безрассудный
- With such evidence against her, the gross and whimpering woman could do nothing more than plead guilty but insane.
- Rhoda Carter had danced briefly with another man, and Carter had burst into a fit of violent temper, verging on the insane.
- "Someone should have shut you in a hospital for the criminally insane and thrown away the key."
- One was the illegitimate child of an insane mother, the product of orphanages and foster homes.
- Lady Hamilton (1941, That Hamilton Woman in US), which Korda made in America with Vivien Leigh and Laurence Olivier, works most of the time as a love story, but the messages that constantly obtrude about men whose "insane ambition" makes them want to destroy what others had built are not organic to the main narrative.
- He had been an idealist with many good ideas at first, only later making errors, turning out to be basically evil, and becoming insane and a mass murderer.
- What she had just been through was insane and illogical, but also unambiguous and actual.
- "You must be mad, insane," Agnes almost yelled at her, only to clap a hand over her mouth and glance towards the door as if expecting it to open and her mother to appear; and for a while there was silence between them, except for the slight moaning sound coming from Jessie.
- She cooked, she cleaned, she shopped, she walked Pilade, she saw to her lodgers - day after day she did the same things at the same time, and instead of being driven half mad with boredom, insane with frustration, she found herself strangely at peace.
- Unless you are insane, it takes guts to sacrifice your whole family and die with them."
- Insane sponsors a Danish skater, Rasmus Skousen, and is stocked in Europe by shops such as Street Machine in Paris.
- There was a general view that all women held within them the potential to become hysterical; from "nervous" to "hysteric" to insane was a sliding scale, and all women were positioned somewhere upon it.
- In general, however, the contract of a mentally disordered person is fully binding on him unless the other party was aware that he was so insane as not to understand the nature of the transaction.