великодушный; благородный; щедрый; тороватый; большой; обильный; изрядный; плодородный; густой; интенсивный; крепкий (о вине); выдержанный
- There is a generous stock-option scheme, and performance-related pay that can, in some cases, double basic salaries.
- This generous man with guinea-gold hair had come into her life so unexpectedly, but she just knew that like a guinea he would slip through her fingers before she had a chance to know him better.
- The proposed regulation has been widely - and fairly - criticised for being generous in its gestures of environmental concern and for conservation, but lacking in the provision of specific means to carry them out.
- Because a source less abundant and less generous than this river had dried up?
- Cattle and pigs, sheep and deer, fowl of all kinds both tame and wild were roasted by the dozen to feed them all with a generous hand, as Maclean honour required.
- Most of all they were marvellously responsive to any sign of talent or ability and were wonderfully generous in the pains they took to foster it
- Dad seldom failed to offer the man to retain the change, in lieu of a drink, for like mother, he was generous.
- He loyally went on to call Mr Kinnock happy, open, generous, and possessed of a thing you might not suspect, timing
- Elisabeth was seated by Mitzi Baum on a sofa designed for three but amply filled by her thin form and Mitzi's generous one.
- He is pro-western, and has had generous aid from the Saudis and Kuwaitis.
- And soon afterwards we were grateful for its responsive power steering and generous reserves of torque (perfect for those 1:5 hills) to take the climb up Winnat's Pass with ease.
- This one, first seen in the Astra 16v, has a generous spread of torque, although its peak of 145lb ft is fairly high at 4800rpm.
- Generous cash prizes from the Northern Bank will be awarded to winners in four categories at a special presentation ceremony.