одежда ; платье; парадный мундир; одеяние; внешний покров; оперение;
одевать; наряжать; одеваться; наряжаться; украшать; украшаться; приготовлять; приправлять; причесывать; делать прическу; перевязывать; перевязать; выравниваться; равняться; разделывать; выделывать; подстригать; подрезать; обрабатывать; унавоживать; удобрять; чистить; шлифовать; аппретировать; обтесывать; строгать; обогащать
- With the Government in attendance in morning dress, he presides over investitures, the opening of Parliament, the Queen's birthday parade, Remembrance Sunday and two local festivities - the peppercorn ceremony (where freemasons pay a symbolic peppercorn for the use of the state house) and a bizarre ceremony in which the Maritime Museum pays its annual rent of one cannonball.
- Fiona returned, pulling on a fluffy white wrap over her red silk dress, saying she really didn't want to go to the dinner and being persuaded again by her husband.
- But they were ragged and insubstantial, with the lurid colours of fancy dress.
- Prices range from about 40 to 60 depending on the dress.
- Jo thought the dress was gorgeous, and cunningly kind to her voluptuous shape, but she was always uncomfortable in formal clothes.
- I now realize that there are different kinds of Jews, ranging from the ultra-religious Chasidim who do dress like that, to Liberal Jews who do not recognize the holy nature of the Bible and who prefer to keep whichever laws they can rationalize.
- She also looked great - out of dungarees for the first time and into a becomingly simple black dress.
- She sat in a corner of the playroom, dressed in the brown serge dress and white apron she had been given, and tried to think how she could run away.
- She wore a matching crepe dress, which draped across her large bosom and red neck, and a mink stole was hung negligently over the back of her chair.
- Right: Ivory silk dupion halterneck dress with beaded bodice and rose trim by Margaret Curran (Dawn, 950), pearl drop earrings from Harvey Nichols (14.95).
- If you can't find your dress from designers like Lucy Rowlandson and Special Day, a qualified seamstress of Theodosia Bridal Studio can create one for you.
- We continue by laying course upon course of reed using our legget (bat-shaped tool) to dress each course as we go.
- Accompanying the association between dress and class was that between dress and gender.