делать неспособным; делать непригодным; делать нетрудоспособным; калечить; делать неправоспособным; лишать права; лишать возможности; запрещать
- Hands in pockets, Lennon sauntered through the plaza, pausing only to disable any artificial lifeforms that approached him asking questions.
- He remembers hearing it said that each man in one gang at least vowed to kill or disable the keepers if they attempted to thwart their attacks on the game.
- Future hijackers may be smart enough to disable the satcom link but simply knowing where and when it happens could be a useful clue.
- Foot soldiers used daggers extensively to disable unhorsed knights; these daggers were known as cultelli and occasionally approached the length of a short sword.
- Coleridge was the first to recognize that " Freshmen always begin very furiously "; but so long as Middleton was at hand to guide and encourage, he overcame the weakness of will and habit of procrastination which were always ready to disable him.
- They would use incendiary-cum-explosive bombs to disable the aircraft and then retire to a pre-arranged rendezvous point in the desert where they could be picked up by a patrol of the Long Range Desert Group (LRDG).
- "We've had this security feller tell us how he could disable a punter by cutting the tendons at the back of his leg with this fancy Stanley blade.
- One command-line switch will make use of a maximum of 512K of expanded memory, either EMS 3.2 or 4.0; another will put overlays into extended memory; a third disables the "degree of freedom" facility for errors in curve fitting, and a fourth can be used to disable a mouse even if one if fitted and nominally active.
- Micro Twist incorporates the ability to disable the link integrity test, thereby allowing older Starlan equipment to be integrated into the 10BaseT environment.
- At the Labour Party Conference of 1957, it was generally accepted that to give up the independent nuclear deterrent would disable a future Labour government from pursuing a foreign policy not approved by Washington.
- Because of this the shot which Lennon had intended to take Zambia through the leg to disable hir, sliced into hir shoulder, the side of hir neck, and made a messy slash clean to hir belly.
- Many people are worried that it can only be used for the disable person.
- This is the 4.5-ton "pod", two of which are strapped to the belly of every Tornado aircraft sent out to disable an Iraqi airfield: the pod disgorges high-explosive bombs that leave craters, as well as anti-personnel bombs to complicate the task of clearing up the damage.