#past от can
- Here, on one's own flesh, the universe could be "penetrated", exploited, known, and here the treasure of purity, the pearl of great price, could be discovered.
- Could it be that you are just a little bit jealous of The Great White North - a society, after all, rather less divisive and certainly more prosperous than decaying, decadent Britain?
- I think it could really be interesting, a view of democracy in action, where backbench MPs, expert witnesses, judge whether the Government is performing.
- Mr. Thomas Thornycroft purchased some land at Chiswick Wharf, adjacent to St. Nicholas Church, in 1864, so that his engineer son, John Isaac Thornycroft, could build boats.
- "He told me he didn't think he could be the Nelson Algren of his generation," Vanderford says.
- April's introduction of a new business rate could add 1 per cent to inflation, the CBI said.
- "I could tell you a thing or two about the Countess of Warwick and letters from King Teddy.
- When they had gone and the noise of the engines had faded away, all would be quiet for a few hours and most people on night duty could relax - but not the Met Office, of course.
- The value of this precious metal could be modified by alloying with baser materials.
- "There has been a whole series of events in the last year going against the hill sheep farmer, and this could be one of the final straws."
- Only the very rich could afford to get hold of the real product, bottled and matured in the region itself.
- In time to come Luke O'Malley could betray local patriots fighting to free their country.
- If he could see the culprits!