просить; умолять; упрашивать; упросить; вымаливать; выпрашивать; побираться; нищенствовать; просить подаяния; служить; стоять на задних лапах
- "I beg your pardon?"
- Moreover, all indices of the intensity of sexual selection beg a problem of fundamental importance: over what period should reproductive success be measured?
- The child was chuckling as Billy made faces at her and when he looked away Rachel's little face seemed to beg his attention.
- They beg you .
- But Tukaram said, "I am a man of low degree; I beg you will show me your kindness and favour."
- King: I beg thy pardon, Wapping.
- beg Sniff your kickers at the
- To argue that the early period represents a situation of "restricted" literacy is simply to beg the question.
- I realize this request comes without warning, but I beg you to consider it."
- Pope John's message to heads of state - broadcast on Vatican Radio on 25 October - made the front page of Pravda the next day under the banner headline: "We beg all rulers not to be deaf to the cry of humanity".
- As Guy Boas has described, he would welcome his creditors, immaculately dressed, and "beg them to share a bottle of the best wine, charm them with the wit of his conversation and send them away exchanging many mutual compliments and almost oblivious of their mission."
- When you tell Oreste that he has been blessed with a brother I beg you to remind him that he is his mother's first-born and as such has pride of place in her heart.