способность ; возможность ; умение; дарование; компетенция ; ловкость
- I knew why I was famous: I was a good lyric writer and had ability on stage.
- He refused to be dogmatic, occasionally wrote a modest puff for a friend, was incapable of brashness, and in judgement of people and books had the ability to suspend belief and disbelief.
- What distinguished Alexander Ferguson from the rest of his fellow men was his exceptional ability as a swimmer.
- an ability to organize and conduct an interview
- development, by informal means and in the course of purposeful activities, of pupils' powers of concentration, grasp of turn-taking, ability to gain and hold the attention of their listeners, and ability to voice disagreement courteously with an opposing point of view.
- But the uncertainty over Knighton's ability to raise the cash continued with a bizarre denial from his financial adviser, stockbroking firm Laing Cruickshank, that they had guaranteed the deal to Edwards.
- Improving Your Mental Ability
- Species with good jumping ability are more able to get out of pits than are species that cannot jump (Rackham, 1982).
- Finally, to the extent that political authority is justified by its ability to co-ordinate the activities of large populations, the vindication of its claim to authority over any one individual may depend on its having legitimate authority over the population at large.
- The objective of the Commission was that "young people should leave a school with some confidence in their ability to participate in their society, to resolve conflict and, if they oppose a course of action, to express that opposition fairly, effectively and peacefully".
- As paragraph 14.12 acknowledges, language competence is dependent on the task: children will show different ability on tasks of different kinds.
- With regard to the change to be made in the style of the elevations, I cannot entertain the smallest doubt that an architect of your known talent and ability will find it an easy task to design an elevation in the Italian or Classic style
- They were seeking to establish the link between blood temperature and someone's relative mental ability, whereby if you know one you can estimate the other.