пол ; настил ; перекрытие; дно моря; земля ; гумно; флот ; киностудия ; производство фильма; этаж ; междуэтажное перекрытие; ярус ; минимальный уровень; места для членов законодательного собрания; право выступать на собрании;
настилать пол; повалить на пол; сбить с ног; одолеть; справиться; сразить; смутить; ставить в тупик; заставить замолчать; посадить на место; расстилать по полу
- He had squeezed himself back into the side-car with his long legs stretched flat along the floor of the rectangular alloy box.
- Like the twelfth floor, glimpsed through the lift doors when the girls had got out, the walls were covered with a pale lemon wash, unlike the twelfth they were hung with pictures, not Old Masters but not Boots the chemists either - prints of hunting scenes and ships and a beautiful soft sunset over a bay that might have been St Ives - pictures deemed suitable for the Executive floor of a great international company.
- Sometimes people lost their footing and brought down others, quickly making a writhing heap on the floor.
- Here and there the open doors of furnaces glowed a dangerous red, and in the far corner of the building what looked like a stream of molten lava trickled down a curved channel from roof to floor.
- Instead, stretch, curl up and slowly reach sitting position by pressing the palm of your hands on the floor, keeping your chin down, touching your throat.
- It was given a hull-shaped upper floor by Bonifac Wohlmut between 1557 and 1563.
- (At one conference delegates were told to talk at the floor because Special Branch had hi-tech microphones trained on the windows to catch the sound-waves.)
- Perhaps the floor will smoulder, that is all."
- Minimum floor space is about 15 000 square metres (about the size of a small football pitch) and the store may have as many as 40-;50 checkout points.
- In competition with these commercial outlets, the Moose Jaw Amateur Radio Association operated a station, with the call letters 1OAB, from a third floor back room.
- MR BACON strides across the lino'd floor to the front door.
- Solid floor installations will need lifting off the lump of sharp-sand bedding-mortar, which should be completely removed, and the new installation provided with a fresh mix.
- In some places the eight-foot line runs along halfway up a hill, and if a valley floor is narrow, it can significantly double the supposed area of benefit.